On Sunday May 5th from 10-3pm, the general public was welcomed to Rosewall Creek Hatchery.
A great family and community day with free admission and fun for all ages!
Visitors learned about salmon, their ecosystems, fish biology, local enhancement initiatives and more! Hope to see you there next year!
Fanny Bay Hatchery Goals:
- To encourage the return of wild salmon runs
- To enhance the creeks by repairing and creating additional habitat
- To monitor and protect existing habitat, ensuring the miracle of salmon for future generations
- Inclusion: Involvement and education of the public on the importance of non-degraded habitat/watercourses for salmon survival
- Restoration: Increasing the survival rate of wild salmon and restoring their runs
- Enhancement: Repair of creek, river and riparian habitat
- Monitoring: Protection of fish, creeks and riparian habitat
>> Discover more and get involved at www.fbses.ca